In partnership with the University of South Australia’s Centre for Business Growth, ANZ has identified ten high-performing Australian small-to-medium sized businesses to participate in a nine-month intensive program that provides executives with the skills they need to accelerate company growth and compete in a global marketplace.
The program is open to executive teams of ANZ business customers with between 5 and 200 employees and more than $5 million in annual sales. It was developed by Dr Jana Matthews, ANZ Chair in Business Growth, Director of the Centre of Business Growth at the University of South Australia.
Luggage and leather goods company Hunt Leather, construction company Cadwell Constructions and Interiors and sports injury service WorkXtra are three of the ten businesses chosen to commence the course in 2016.
The companies who participated in the 2014/2015 program achieved an aggregate 24 per cent increase in revenue during the program, taking earnings from $132m to $164m, and created 114 new jobs in total. 40 per cent of participants are now selling their products and services in nine new countries, and 30 per cent of businesses opened offices in new countries.
ANZ Managing Director Corporate & Commercial Banking Mark Hand said: “This program gives CEOs a framework to sustainably scale their businesses. It is important that we provide not only finance and banking services, but also the essential knowledge to expand and grow.
“With Asia on our doorstep, it is essential that CEOs and executives look to external support to prepare their companies for growth in offshore markets. CEOs and executives need to develop their leadership and management skills in order to lead and manage growth sustainably in the overseas market. ,” said Mr Hand.
Program facilitator Dr Jana Matthews said: “We believe each of these companies have high growth potential. Many small companies begin as a family business with close links to employees and the community. It is important for CEOs to learn what is required to grow their companies and why they need to innovate and go global.
“95 per cent of the executives we’ve worked with say they now understand their company’s growth issues and what they need to do to lead, manage and accelerate growth. We look forward to working with these ten companies and helping them unlock their potential,” said Dr Matthews.
For media enquiries contact:
Jemma Wight, +61 466 383 549
Notes for editors:
About the ANZ Business Growth Program
The ANZ Business Growth Program is a series of three, three-day modules for CEOs or MDs and two other members of the executive team. In addition to the nine-month program, 45 ANZ customers will be selected to attend a one-day clinic with Dr Matthews.
Based upon the Knowledge Framework for Growth developed and used by Dr Matthews in the USA and NZ, the program is delivered by Dr Matthews and nine national and international Growth Experts.
Held in major capital cities, the program is aimed at CEOs and executive teams of companies with $5M to $50M in revenue and between 5 and 200 employees.
Along with resources such as its Small Business Hub and $2 billion lending pledge for small businesses, the ANZ Business Growth Program embodies ANZ’s commitment as the bank that backs business.
Companies participating in the 2016 program include:
- Beachport Liquid Minerals is a family owned Australian company in the Australian Livestock Industry, with over 40 years of hands on experience.
- Cool Off Pty Ltd is Australia’s premier producer of Pet Food raw meats, including premium meat meal production, mechanically deboned lamb and natural dried pet treats.
- Cadwell Constructions & Interiors is a construction fit out firm within the Healthcare, Education and Office sectors, with 800 successful projects delivered nationally over the last decade.
- WorkXtra is a team of medical practitioners, psychologists and data analysts working together to offer a complete Sports Injury Service in the Aged Care industry.
- Moira Mac Poultry & Fine Foods is a family business specialising in value-added chicken and turkey products in Bendigo since 1983, becoming the first poultry manufacturer in Australia to be ISO 9001 quality accredited.
- Country Blinds, Curtains and Doors is a family-owned business established in 1987. Beginning in a modest shed, Country Blinds have now invested in robotics and computer controlled precision manufacturing for streamlined delivery and quality control.
- 4 Ways Fresh is a family-owned company that grows, harvests, packages and distributes fresh produce both locally in South Australia and nationally to retailers such as Costco, Foodland and Woolworths.
- Hunt Leather is Australia’s leading independent retailer of high quality luggage, business cases, handbags, wallets and leather accessories including brands such as Longchamp, Il Bisonte and Lupo.
- Cargo Crew design innovative and original uniform pieces such as aprons, contemporary uniform shirts, premium t-shirts and knits as well as the perfect fitting pants to complete any modern uniform look.
- TRG Transport is one of Australia’s leading transport companies. They are one of South Australia’s largest wharf carriers and their vehicle fleet has doubled in recent years.